Back pain is a common problem experienced by many people. At some point in your life, you have experienced back pain without knowing its cause. Did you know that back pain is the leading cause of disability in the world? According to WHO, lower back pain is the leading cause of work limitation and disability. However, you can take some personal measures to prevent back pain episodes. With the help of a specialist at Elite Physical Medicine clinic, you can now get rid of your back pain. The team at the clinic will assist in guiding you through the treatment.
What Are Some of the Causes of Back Pain?
In most cases, you might not be able to pinpoint the specific cause of your back pain, but a specialist can assist you to know and treat it. Several conditions can cause back pain. Highlighted below are some of them:
- Arthritis- Osteoarthritis can lead to narrowing of space around the spinal cord, causing back pain.
- Osteoporosis- If your bones become brittle and porous, it can develop painful fractures along your spine vertebrae.
- Muscle or ligament strain- You can experience sore muscles and ligaments because of heavy lifting straining to your back.
- Bulging or ruptured disks– If you rupture the soft material inside your spinal disk, you can experience back pain.
It is always wise to seek medical care if your back pain persists even after medication because it might be a signally severe underlying condition.
Risk Factors Influencing Back Pain
Anyone can develop back pain, the condition does not discriminate against children, and the elderly alike may experience the condition. The following factors pose you to a greater risk of developing back pain:
- Diseases- Conditions such as arthritis and cancer can propel its development.
- Excess weight- If you have excess weight, you are likely to put stress on your back.
- Lack of exercise- If you stay for long without using your back muscles, this might cause back pain.
- Age- As you get older, you might start experiencing back pain due to bone deterioration.
- Improper lifting- If you use your back without the support of the legs to lift a heavy load, you might experience back pain.
Some of these risk factors that contribute to back pain are preventable. For example, it would be best to always take caution of physical activities, exercise regularly, and eat healthy to prevent a visit to the doctor because of back pain.
What Are Some of the Types of Back Pain?
You can experience either acute or chronic back pain, depending on the reason behind the condition. In acute back pain, the symptoms are temporary compared to chronic, where the symptoms are severe. There are three types of back pain, namely:
- Thoracic back pain.
- Middle back pain.
- Lower back pain.
If you experience acute pain in any of these regions, you can take medication but visit a back pain specialist in severe cases.
Contact a Back Pain Specialist Today
Back pain affects the performance of daily activities for many people. However, you can arrest the condition by refraining from engaging in its triggers, especially for mild, controllable cases. In severe cases, it is recommended you see a specialist for treatment. If you are experiencing any form of back pain, visit Elite health clinic in Mason, Ohio, and receive personalized care. The team of medical practitioners will assist you with the treatment options. Call them today to book an appointment.