“Keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world,” this quote by George Bernard Shaw holds very true. Cleanliness is the key to good health. It helps to keep you away from infections. Viruses and bacteria are the main reasons for spreading illness. They spread through various sources, but one of the important sources is by touch. Keeping your hands clean becomes most important for your good health. Let us take you on Mission of Good Health and discuss few factors that are important to keep you virus-free:
Table of Contents
Frequent hand wash
During the period of pandemics, frequent hand washing has become essential as most viruses are spread by touch, including the COVID-19. We use hands to consume food, water, and perform other important activities such as cooking, home cleaning, etc. To avoid the transfer of viruses from hands to your mouth and throat, frequent hand washing is essential. Be it elders or children, keeping your hands clean has become mandatory for everyone to keep you healthy and free from germs and infections.
Procedure for Handwashing
The activity of handwashing should be performed methodically to maintain the best hygiene. Quick hand washing or rinsing hands with soap water is never enough.
Few important steps for proper handwashing, are as explained below:
- Use clean and flowing water to wash your hands.
- Wash your hands with soap or liquid handwash thoroughly by rubbing your hands together for a minimum of 40 seconds.
- The front and back portion of your hands should be rubbed properly.
- Use sufficient water to clean.
- After washing, use a clean towel or paper napkin to dry your hands.
- Use of Antibacterial soap to wash hands.
Why use antibacterial soaps for handwashing as compared to ordinary perfumed soap?
- Antibacterial soaps are specially formulated to keep germs away and provide 100%
- These soaps are infused with skin-nourishing components like aloe vera to nourish the skin.
- Antibacterial soaps kill the virus and bacteria on the hands and other body parts.
- They not only stop you from catching infections but also help in preventing spreading the infections in others that come in contact with you.
Every individual should maintain good health and follow all the rules to keep germs and infections away. But germs and bacteria spread ubiquitously due to various reasons such as climate change, natural calamities such as floods and cyclones, which are not under our control. Following rules such as the washing of hands regularly with antibacterial soaps and clean water is very much under our control and inevitable to gain victory over these diseases.