Upper Extremity Specialists specializes in treating various injuries for all patients. The practice delivers quality care through a fully customized treatment plan targeting your pain source while helping you avoid more injuries in the near and distant future.
Table of Contents
Kristopher Downing, MD, and Daniel Brereton DO are able leaders and board-certified physicians in charge of Upper Extremity Specialists in Chula Vista, CA, and La Jolla, CA. They oversee a surgery center and hospital staff working to offer advanced surgical and non-surgical options for upper extremities like elbows, hands, wrists, shoulders, and general orthopedic care.
As members of the Synergy Orthopedic Specialists Medical Group, all physicians at Upper Extremity Specialists are certified in a wide range of services. The team diagnoses and treats trauma, diseases, and upper extremity injuries. For the best experience, you are accorded a fully customized treatment plan consisting of reparative orthopedics care, non-operative orthopedics, meticulous orthopedic surgeries, and precise surgeries for specific injuries and conditions.
Your caregivers at Upper Extremity Specialists of Synergy Orthopedics Specialists Medical Group also delivers comprehensive diagnosis and treatment for sports injuries among professional and student-athletes. You are fully involved through the treatment to help you make a swift recovery to resume your daily chores and career in sports. Most insurance plans and payment schemes are accepted to make your recovery more fool-proof.
Services Offered at Upper Extremity Specialists
- Elbow injuries. Persistent elbow pain requires medical attention to avoid discomfort and let you participate in your games as usual. Dr. Downing and Dr. Brereton offer comprehensive nonoperative and operative treatments for elbow injuries. You may qualify for non-operative treatments, reparative medicine, surgery, or elbow joint replacement.
- Wrist injuries. Dr. Downing and Dr. Brereton are qualified to treat wrist injuries, including traumatic injuries and nerve problems. Your doctor runs conclusive exams to determine the exact cause for pain in your wrist. Your treatment plan may consist of immobilization, compression, bracing, physical therapy, and anti-inflammatory injections.
- Hand injuries. Upper Extremity Specialists are dedicated to treating your hand pain to restore functionality and relieve you of pain. Your physician rusts a series of tests to determine the cause of your pain and the most viable treatment options. A hand injury is treated through remedies like compression, surgery, bracing, physical therapy, and anti-inflammatory injections.
- Regenerative/ reparative orthopedics. Dr. Downing and Dr. Brereton use innovative treatment options like lipoaspirate therapy and plate rich plasma injections to hasten your healing from fractures, ligament strains, muscle strains, bursitis, tendonitis, and arthritis.
- Trauma. Common orthopedic traumas include physical injuries, tears, strains, and sprains. You may visit the practice for injuries like a stable fracture, hairline fractures, comminuted fractures, and compound fractures. Your physician considers your needs to determine eligibility for operative or non-operative orthopedics.
- Sports medicine. As an athlete, you may suffer an injury during training or in a professional match. Dr. Downing and Dr. Brereton are dedicated to helping you maintain your career through customized sports medicine to hasten your recovery and stay fitter. Your treatment may include compression, bracing, physical therapy, and anti-inflammatory injections.
If you have questions concerning the services highlighted above, contact Upper Extremity Specialists for professionally customized treatment. Call or book an online appointment to get immediate and long-term pain relief.