Treatment of women’s conditions has been changing gradually in its effectiveness. Today, the opportunity for McAllen minimally invasive surgery has increased health services providing accurate and positive results. At the Women’s Clinic of the Rio Grande Valley, women’s healthcare treatment services are spearheaded by Dr. Fernando Otero. Minimally invasive procedures have fewer dangers compared to procedures like traditional open surgery. For more information or consultations, call the office, or book an appointment via the online tool.
Minimally Invasive Surgery
It is the performing of surgical procedures via small incisions rather than large incisions. This method triggers fast recovery time with less or no pain during the surgical procedure.
Are there types of minimally invasive surgical procedures?
There are several types of minimally invasive procedures used to enhance your gynecological health. These include:
- Laparoscopic surgery involves the healthcare provider using tiny instruments fit with video cameras and light. It improves the visual field as imaging is magnified and shown on the aimed region’s monitor and its structures.
- Hysteroscopic surgery is performed via the vagina without any external incisions as pelvic/GYN surgery.
- Robotic surgery uses tiny robotic instruments placed in your body, with the doctor managing the robotic movements. The robots effectively get access to the regions that would have been challenging for a human doctor to access as effectively.
Nevertheless, minimally invasive procedures cannot be done on all surgeries. For instance, cancer tumors are done through conventional surgery. In some cases, minimally invasive surgeries may take longer than the traditional open technique. But, the importance of minimally invasive surgeries cannot be overlooked. Below are some of the surgeries that can be done by causing the minimally invasive technique:
- Cervical incompetence
- Endometrial ablation
- Vulvar disorder treatment
- Tubal ligation
- Fibroids removal
- Treatment of congenital deformities
- Cervical loop electrode excision procedure
- Endometriosis removal
- Pelvic organ prolapse
The minimally invasive procedures enable Dr. Otero to assess other abnormalities in any internal structures.
What is the importance of a minimally invasive surgery procedure?
It provides a high accuracy rate compared to the traditional open technique. The procedure offers patients several benefits as follows:
It is less painful
The technique results in less pain compared to conventional surgery. The patients do not rely heavily on pain relievers after surgery.
The procedure relies on incisions tiny enough to fit the tubes for fiber-optic lights and cameras only.
Patients who undergo this procedure often get to return to their regular duties faster.
Since the technique uses tiny incisions, the scars will be less noticeable.
Due to the use of the camera, the doctor has a better visual of the internal organs, thus improving performance.
The tiny incisions heal fast, thus enabling you to resume your duties faster.
When coming to Dr. Otero, you will go over the advantages and disadvantages of different treatment options to make the best-informed decision that suits your condition. Call Dr. Otero’s office or request an appointment via the online tool today to get you going.