People nowadays get ill, and it becomes difficult to know or identify what they are suffering from. Research shows that people who get sick with no apparent signs and symptoms are more likely to die. This issue has made scientists come up with a way of determining and recognizing diseases when there are symptoms. A lab is one of the facilities which is widely used to examine patients. At the lab in Humble, examinations are done to determine the underlying health conditions of an individual. For more information regarding lab and lab tests, please book an appointment with them.
Table of Contents
What is a lab?
Generally, the lab is a wide range of medical diagnostic and testing services. They offer a wide range of testing in an individual system that is their health. All body organs, from the kidney to blood cells, are examined. The labs’ primary purpose is to ensure that it identifies all the underlying health problems; if you are suffering from conditions that have no apparent signs and symptoms, book an appointment with the nearest hospital to be examined in the lab.
What are the services offered in the lab?
Typically, labs offer a wide range of services. Some of the services include the following;
- Clinical chemistry. It is also termed chemical pathology. It is a chemistry branch that focuses on analyzing the body fluids for the diagnostic and therapy process.
- Clinical microbiology. One of the lab’s primary services is to focus on the isolation of infectious organisms to be managed and treated.
- Hematology. It involves the study of blood and its components to determine the diseases that are associated with blood. It includes treatment methods for blood disorders.
- Blood banking. It is also an effective service that involves testing blood before it is donated. This is done to ensure that blood is safe before being presented. Blood banking includes typing of the blood for transfusion and testing for infectious diseases.
- Clinical microscopy. It is the scientific analysis of the non-blood fluids which is done in the labs. These non-blood fluids include urine and stool. It is done to determine the metabolic dysfunction in an individual.
- Cytopathology test. Generally, this is the use of special techniques to examine an individual cell extracted from the tissues to determine the cause of diseases.
What usually happens in the lab?
When an individual goes to the lab, doctors or medical practitioners take their samples for testing. Samples mainly include blood, urine, or stool, depending on the test being performed. If your lab test involves drawing blood, the doctor places an elastic band tightly around the arms to make the veins show up, making the blood more visible. If urine or stool is needed, you will be given a kit to collect the sample and give it back to the lab for testing.
In conclusion, labs are critical since they allow for high control over peripheral variables. It also provides a broader range of services that assists doctors in their treatment process.